Friday 27 November 2009

To start, a story from my Holy Communion

I would not define my self as very religious. However, I grew up in a small village in the south of Switzerland, where catholicism is still very spread. So, as part of my primary school education, I had to follow religion courses, go to the church for the confessions and, of course do the holy communion.
I was more the kind of girl that liked much more to talk than to listen. For this reason, while the preacher was doing his service for the holy communion, I was much more concentrated in talking with my neighbor Sara. I was really surprised when I suddenly realized that the preacher was talking to me! I understood that he was trying to ask me something, but I get nervous as I had no idea what he was talking about! So, I thought, I'll answer what I thought is always right thing in these church-situations: "I do the sign of the cross".
The whole church started to laugh. I had no idea why... Until the preacher, which had to laugh too, asked me "Really?! You do the sign of the cross to show your love to your parents?!".



No comments:

Post a Comment