Saturday 20 March 2010

Botanical Garden and a small cake in the Parque Lage



Last Saturday, Michelle and I went out with a friend of her, Aurelio, to visit the botanical garden. First we wanted to go to eat breakfast in the Parque Lage, a beautiful place near the botanical garden. We got there at 2pm, so that, of course, we couldn't have café da manhã anymore. So we ordered some small things like waffles and cakes. Actually, I was looking forward a chocolate cake. So I ordered what I thought would be a chocolate cake. What arrived was more similar to a small bottom plate than to a chocolate cake. I was starving, starring at this small thing in the hope that it somehow transforms itself in a huge cake. It didn't.
We then went to visit the botanical garden. Amazing. Everything seems bigger in Rio! Afterwards we walked along the beach and in the night we went to see a musical: Por uma Noite. The story is about a group of young singer/actors/dancers that want to organize a musical for only one night. I loved it! The best part, however, was the total participation of the audience! At the end all the people were standing, singing and dancing together with the actors!

me in the parque lage


Michelle :-)








Ipanema and the beach boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment