Saturday 20 March 2010

Praia do Forte and a strict CSer




The last time I wrote you, I had no idea what I was going to do that day. Well, finally I went to Praia do Forte with A. We went to see ruins of something they call here "castle" (no, it has NOTHING to do with the castles we know in Europe). It was nice, but I didn't get my shoes blow off. Afterwards we went to eat another Moqueca, this time with shrimps. It was really good. The guy of the restaurant told us that we could go to a place where you hang yourself on a cord and slide over the river from a vertiginous height to finally let you fall in the water. I was totally exited to do that! But we first wanted to go to the beach to swim a little bit. Thus, we arrived to this place, Praia do Forte. It was the most touristic place I have seen so far. I just wanted to leave again and go to slide down the cord. However, I saw how A. liked to swim, so I waited a bit to insist to go.. ;-) 
While I was in the water, doing nothing, I saw how a guy near to me was putting himself into a pose for a photo. I swam to him just in time to be in the picture too. It was really funny. As an exchange, I had to take a picture of the two guys (the one of the photo and the photographer). I have no idea what their names are or anything. I just have a picture of them. :-)
However I was still looking forward the "slide-down-the-cord" thing, so I asked A. to go. He insisted that I had first to visit the turtles of the Tamar project. Tamar is a project for the maintenance of turtles in the region. So far, so good. But I new how the thing would look like: small basins with giant turtles. I was right. And when I got out, it was already too late for my jump in the water from the cord. I was really a bit pissed. It was time to go to another place. Also because the guy always kept on making compliments, ignoring the fact that I was really and absolutely not interested in him.
So, the next day, I was ready to go to Morro de São Paolo.







leaving Salvador

No comments:

Post a Comment