Monday 1 February 2010

Sergio and the knife


The first night in the new apartment I met Juliana, a biologist that was living there since a week. While we were talking, a guy came in the apartment, without saying a word. A bit weird, I thought. The next day, I met him in the corridor and I stopped him, saying him hello and asking him for his name. The only answer was a whispered "Sergio" and he left.. mhmmm, strange guy.. But I thought that at least he would have been quiet! :-) When I met Luciola (the PhD-student I'm working with), later in the day, she asked me about my flat-mates. When I told her about Sergio, she became pallid and told me "Stef, you have to move from that apartment". I was totally confused and asked her for a reason. She than explained me that the last year there was a Sergio in the house, that corresponds exactly to my description of this guy. This guy apparently threatened the whole flat with a knife because he didn't want to share the unique freezer that is present in the kitchen. He also cut off 3 fingers to a guy that is responsible for the house.
She also hypothesized that this was probably the reason, why I had the chance to go to this nice room (there is only one room per apartment with bathroom AND windows..): no one wanted to live with a psycho! I started to be a bit worried, and thought that this kind of stuff seem always to happen to me! I told her that I really like the new room, and that I would just try to avoid him and close my door when I'm in my room.
After a few calls done by Luciola, where everyone get scared to hell knowing that Sergio came back, (obviously abusively as the police gave him an interdiction to get back to the campus) we found out that the guy in my apartment is another Sergio! I was so released!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment