Monday 18 January 2010

The arrival of the angels


Little introduction: in Colombia religion is still very present in daily life. In particular the mom of my house was very religious.

On a Saturday evening at 20.30 four angels came at our house. It sounds strange? Well my dears, to be here was even stranger, believe me! Let me explain to you.. 
The day before, the mom of the house told me about these angels, that apparently would arrive to our house for 5 days  to be with us and protect us. The first thing I thought: oh my gosh, she’s so going to let strangers in the house which will surely steal everything with a value.. this means all my stuff!!!! But no, they were "real" angels.. So on that Saturday night she got a call that the angels were waiting in the front of our house (the call came from a woman which had them in her house before.. she knew they left because she had to eat an apple… I swear, it’s all true!). We had to join all to welcome them and present us.. I couldn’t not laugh! It was kind of absurd! Anyway, we showed them our home, the different rooms and the place were they could stay, an altar which she build up for them:



At the altar we also had a small cerimony to thank the angels for their coming.
Apparently they were most of the time at home or with one of the two kids. But a few times, they went to the school, together with the mom. Actually, I thought there was less space in the car, at that time! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment