Wednesday 13 January 2010

The very early morning and the student card

The place where I was staying was really lovely. I was hosted by a family, who already hosted other students who worked with my my supervisor (called SHE) and had the same nice experiences... ;-) 
The first day after my arrival, I had to go to school, to present myself, make a student card, prepare my work, ...
I'm really not a morning person. No, actually, I'm not AT ALL, a morning person.
Well, the first day I had to wake up at 5.45 am. This because the mom of the house had to go to the hairstylist, before going to work (this was the case twice a week. Most woman do that, as hairstylists and beauticians in general, are soooo cheap there!) ..  I hoped that this would be an exception! It was: normally I had to wake up even earlier...
So, after have been to the hairstylist, we finally reached my school, where the mom was working as an accountant. As I told you, I had to make my student cart. While doing all the procedures, the woman of the office told me about a crazy woman that went there for a month. As they couldn't register her as a doctorand, but only as a student (because the to be registered as a PhD-student she would need be employed by the school), she got very very very mad. So in each place I had to go for my student cart, they told me about this story... At the end of the whole procedures, I told about my supervisor to the office-woman, and she screamed, "Oh my God, that's the same gir"l! Incredible!!! This means that SHE was already known in the whole university! The good thing was, that they were all trying to help me as much as they could, as they know what kind of a dictator SHE is. :-)

My bedroom and the living room in the hosts's house. 


 (And Micél, the king of the house)

No comments:

Post a Comment