Monday 18 January 2010

Goodbye Colombia


My stay in Tunja came to its end. 
The time there was great, the people were lovely, funny, crazy and some of them really became good friends of mine. I still miss them! I’ll always miss the lifestyle, the music, the food… but most of all; I’ll miss the colours, of the houses, of nature, of the life there.


So many things happened at the end, that I really don’t know where to start. I can summarize the whole last weeks in mainly one word: partyyyy...
Jaime, my supervisor in Colombia, had a pratica with most of the students that helped me in my fieldwork once. He asked me if I would like to go with him. After some thinking I said yes, and it was the best decision ever: I had one of my best days in Colombia! The practices there are crazy: listen for a few hours to the prof, afterwards going to eat in a nice restaurant and at the end going to the beach to make party, finishing with dancing in the bus and finally in “Mobile”, a disco bar in Tunja! Why are our practices not like that?!??? Really funny!!!

Some girls going in the really
 cold water (crazy chicks!)
Me and the whole group of students.


 Dancing in the bus, together with the Prof! :-)

In my last week, I finally had the time to go to the beach. I secretly went (this means that SHE has no idea!) to Santa Marta, or more exactly, Taganga! I met great people, I was out all nights dancing, I made my PADI-diving licence and I drunk so many fruit juices that I’m wondering that I’m not yet mutated into a fruit!
Taganga was really like a paradise! The first day I thought that it’s nothing special, as the beaches are not the best ones… But on the evening I encountered the real charm of the place and I couldn’t leave! The place is really overfilled of Israelis, so that even the menus are written in Hebraic! But the tourists of Taganga are generally backpackers, so the ambience between the different people is just great! All was so easy and funny! A great way to finish my stay in Colombia!
It was very hard in the beginning, with the whole problems with HER.. But all the people I met, the students of Jaime, the people in Tunja and at the end in Taganga were just so lovely, so generous to me, that I still miss my time in Colombia. I hope one day I can go back, maybe by first jumping shortly in Mexico to say hello to other great people.. 
That’s it, I could write an entire book about all parties, about all characters I met, but at the end, the most important thing, is that they will always stay in my memory, in my hart being a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment