Monday 18 January 2010

San Gil - Paragliding


Once I had a few days of freedom,  Laura, a good friend of mine, proposed to me to go to San Gil to do paragliding. I was totally for it!
So after a night in a very nice hostel, with Laura, her lover from Chile and me laughing and talking in the night, we organized our paragliding adventure the next day. They told us to be ready at 12.00, so we had only the time to go to a place called “pozo azul”. The name remembered me the nice agua azul in Mexico, were the water was so transparent and beautiful! Well, the pozo, was only a pozo but definitively not azul. Anyway I enjoyed the cold water in the heat, the cascade massaging my shoulders and my back and the company of Laura and Max, the Chilean guy. 
At 12.00 we were ready.. The people of the paragliding followed the Colombian time, so we were able to go around 14.30 to the place. Once there I could shoot myself to not have taken the camera with me: incredible view on the canyon and all these people in the air! Wow, I couldn’t wait!!!
If some of you are still asking them selves what the hell paragliding is, well in Italian it’s “parapendio”. You have to imagine the sport, were people normally have to run down a hill with a very big umbrella on the top to finally slide in the air like a bird. I’m really afraid about heights, and in the first two second in the air, I was really asking my self why I’m so stupid to do something so crazy! But as we were in the air, oh dears… You cannot imagine! I felt sooooo free, so light, so full of happiness, adrenaline and desire of more! Jaime, the 19 years old guy I had behind me, asked me if I would like to take a “vuelta” and I said, “claro”. Oh my bloody hell, the guy was crazy! We turned, we made big curves in the air, we went to the soil to give the hand to a friend of him, we did pirouettes and even if from time to time I really thought, that’s tooo much for my stomach; I couldn’t stop to smile! J


Here are just a few pictures I was able to take with my phone-camera, before the battery died.






No comments:

Post a Comment